TITLE: Case PlannerDEPARTMENT: Preventive Services ? Family First
JOB SUMMARYTo provide social services toe families in the community, including case planning, advocacy and crisis intervention.
1. Evaluates clients to assess risks and develop case plans.
2. Monitors and follows up on individualized treatment programs including child safety.
3. Individualizes and understands the needs of the individual client, the family and its support network in relation to each other.
4. Identifies appropriate treatment or service providers and facilitates client referrals to internal and external and/ or community linkage programs.
5. Performs individual/group counseling, long or short term, depending on client need.
6. Establishes client goals and assesses a client?s success in meeting those goals; continues, alters and recommends changes in treatment strategy depending upon ongoing client assessment.
7. May run specialized groups.
8. Conducts home visits in which the needs of the family and child safety are assessed.
9. Conducts field visits to identify services for clients and help families maintain medical, financial and social resources.
10. Advocates on behalf of children and families to obtain necessary neighborhood ? based services.
11. Counsels families in courses of action.
12. Documents progress and case activity, including risk assessment and other paper work.
EDUCATION: BA/BSW Degree or MSW
EXPERIENCE: Some experience with specific client population or specialty (domestic violence, substance abuse, community outreach, etc.) may be required.
SKILLS: Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of people.Demonstrated ability to complete written reports and maintain resource dataExcellent communications skills, verbal and writtenSound judgment and ability to convey informationBilingual preferred.
Job description and specifications are not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal requirements of the position.
Applicants must furnish a written response to the following questions:
1. Why is the applicant interested in this position?2. How has the applicant?s prior experience prepared her/him to effectively perform the requirements of this position?3. What special skills and qualities does the applicant bring to this position, and how will they be manifested in the position?
INTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANT
The applicant must submit a copy of her/his resume, along with a written response to each of the above questions. All applications are to be submitted to Director of Human Resources, Catholic Guardian Society & Home Bureau, and 1011 First Avenue, New York, New York 10022. A copy of the application is to be furnished by the applicant to her/his direct supervisor
Job Type: Full-time